Thursday, March 7, 2013

Nominated for the Liebster Award

I was so surprised and thrilled to get a comment from  Kim at
 Kim at Colors Mixed Together that she had nominated me for a Liebster Award.



The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.



Here are the rules for receiving this award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.

2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.

3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.

4. Go to their page and tell them.
11 Random things about me:

 1. I am born and raised in Germany, moved to the USA at 19 years old to get married to that handsome US soldier

 

2. I started a Blog to motivate myself to do spend a "little less time" on PINTEREST getting all these wonderful ideas, and "more time"to actually do some of these projects and share with others who enjoy them too!

 

3. I love big dogs....something about those big fury guys. We have a 185 pound Newfoundland dog. And yes "drool rules"...lol....Bruce does own several bibs....He is our 3rd big dog since we've been married.

 

4. Mom to one 7 year old little boy. I love love love being a Mom 

 

5. I value great and true friendships. I love how different all my friends are in personalities and I love them all!

 

6.  I love animals. Besides "big Bruce" we own a cute little fuzzy bunny and a tortoise.

 

7. I am fluent in English and German but always wanted to speak Spanish. I spend a lot of my childhood in Spain since my dad owns a house there. I have taken Spanish classes in the past but I find that you won't ever learn another language fluently if you are not forced to speak it on a daily basis.

 

8.  I miss a lot of things about Europe, especially my family. However I am grateful to be living in this beautiful country. America has it's problems (as any other country does), but I believe it is still he best place on this earth to be living in today. I feel proud that I can be part of that, and I love how Americans have always made me feel welcome here.

 

9.  I don't mind house cleaning at all, but I absolutely hate washing windows...lucky for me we now have a 2 story home so I just get it done.....

 

10.  I takes me an over an hour to get ready in the morning. More than half of that time is spend drying my hair.

 

11. Oh last but not least I have a CRUSH on Captain Kirk from the USS Enterprise...lol


Here are the questions I answered:

 1. What did you have for dinner last night?
Schnitzel (German breaded pork chops) with homemade mashed potatoes and califlower.
2. Do you believe in soulmates? Nope

3. Aniston or Jolie? Aniston for sure

4. If you could live anywhere in the world and money was no object where would you live and why?
Somewhere warm and tropical. I think of all the beautys of nature I love the colors of the Caribbean the best.

5. Who was your celebrity teen crush?
Ralph Macchio in Karate Kid

6. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
Bread

7. Stranded on a beach, what 3 things (not people) do you bring along?
suntan lotion, laptop and my fav. teddy bear

8. Silver or gold? Silver

9. Do you believe in miracles? Yes

10. What would you rather not be caught doing – which you do, of course?
Playing on Pinterest at Work

1. If time travel existed and you could change an event in your past what would it be?
nada..nothing, nichts


Now here are the questions you should answer:

1. What is your dream home?

 2. What is your favorite song and why?
3. What's your family like?
4. What is your favorite blog post you have ever done and why?
5. What are your favorite blogs and why do you love them?
6. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
7. Who is your hero?
8. What is your favorite memory of all time?
9. How do you want to be remembered?
10. Who is your favorite author?
11. If you could meet anyone in the world, who and why?
Now here are some bloggers I would like to nominate for the Liebster award:
1.  Alyssa @ the decorating duchess
2.  Callie @ callies crafts
3. Tiffany @  the cranky queen
4. Girdie @ dykestromdoings
5. Kim @ colors mixed together
6. Cindy @ simply reinvented
7. Lisa @ house off ab for less
8. Sarah @ imperfect patina
9. Jenn and B @ diy with jen and b
10. Anu @ nalles house
11. Brooke @ blissful roots

 

 I hope you have as much fun participating as I did! Please make sure to link back. I would really love to read all of your posts.   


12 comments:

  1. Wow Christine! Thanks for the nomination!!! This will be fun. I have a project for tomorrow. Yay! it's nice to know more about you too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful, will enjoy reading yours..I did a lot of copy and paste...lol

      Delete
  2. It was so much fun to learn about YOU! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog to chat :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deserae, thanks for stopping by...looking forward to more chats

      Delete
  3. It was so much fun to learn more about you! I had no idea that you were originally from Germany. My childhood friend married a man from Germany and he speaks it fluently too (of course). In fact, he teaches it at school for a living. Congrats on receiving your Leibster award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, I feel so important now that I got a little nomination...lol

      Delete
  4. Love Ralph, would love to try Scnitzel and good girl on picking Aniston ;) Thanks for playing along!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I renominated you but I'm sure you don't have to go through the whole process again but I did add some new questions if you want to give those a go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed visiting and will definately be back. Please stop by my humor-blog and say hello as well. Miss Jodi
    http://jodiwhitehead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!